Better Sleep | Sleep Issues
Looking for better sleep?
You’re not alone.
In 2009 a study showed there were 1.2 million Australians suffered with sleeping problems in 2010 that figure rose to 1.5 million.
Currently there are around 500 000 Australians relying on Sleep Medication.
There are 4 types of sleep disorders
- Sleep Onset- Difficulty falling asleep
- Sleep Maintenance- Waking numerous times throughout the night.
- Non restorative sleep- Falling and staying asleep easily however you wake feeling like you have not slept at all.
- Waking Early- Waking very early in the morning around 2 or 3am and not being able to fall back to sleep.
What happens when we experience a lack of sleep?
- Increased stress and anxiety
- Concentration and Memory Impairment
- Digestive issues
- Mood disturbance
We need sleep for a variety of different functions in our bodies including
- To Remove toxic byproducts from our brain, these toxic by products have been linked with cognitive diseases such as dementia.
- Assist optimal liver function as sleep enables liver cells to build and synthesise.
- Growth Hormone Production is produced during sleep which helps us repair injured cells.
- Sleep controls the two hormones Leptin and Grehlin which normalise our appetite telling us when we are hungry and when we are full.
You deserve better sleep and all that goes with it!
Contact me to book an appointment so I can run through a thorough sleep assessment with you, recommend a relevant treatment plan and help you to get the sleep you need.